“Worrisome” :O’s boss confirms “worrying” injury blow as he provides fitness updates on Jordan Graham after his 12th minute substition in 0-0 draw with Burton.

In their inaugural visit to the Pirelli Stadium, Leyton Orient managed to clinch another valuable League One point in a goalless stalemate with Burton.

The game kicked off with Sol Brynn making a crucial save just two minutes in, thwarting Josh Walker’s header.

However, O’s had to make an early substitution when Jordan Graham suffered an injury after a blocked cross, with George Moncur stepping in at the 13-minute mark.

Ethan Galbraith’s attempt went wide on the 25th minute when the hosts only partially cleared a long throw-in.

Shortly thereafter, Tom James had his volley stopped on the line by Walker.

Idris El Mizouni was the next to take a shot, set up by Ruel Sotiriou eight minutes before halftime, but his effort missed the target.

The Brewers had their own chance on the 42nd minute when a long throw-in was not completely cleared, resulting in Joe Powell sending a left-footed shot over the crossbar.

Theo Archibald’s excellent cross narrowly eluded Joe Pigott, and later, Sotiriou managed to get through but had his effort smothered by Max Crocombe.

Brynn was called into action again just before the hour mark, denying Mark Helm’s shot from a central position inside the box. Jordan Brown then took a pass from Archibald and fired an effort over the Burton crossbar on the 62nd minute.

Moncur’s shot missed the mark after El Mizouni initiated a counter-attack for the visitors, and he was subsequently substituted for Shaq Forde in the second change of the day for O’s.

Burton Albion vs Leyton Orient on 28 Oct 23 - Match Centre - Burton Albion

Brown received a yellow card for a foul on Beryly Lubala with 18 minutes remaining, and James redirected a strike from Tom Hamer wide of the target.

Galbraith’s low strike was deflected just wide at the other end as both teams continued to search for a breakthrough. With 11 minutes left, Aaron Drinan and Darren Pratley came on to replace Pigott and Brown in a double substitution.

O’s had a close call when Adedeji Oshilaja missed a great chance from close range on the 83rd minute.

But in the second minute of stoppage time, Crocombe pulled off a remarkable save to deny Galbraith, ensuring that the match ended in a well-fought draw.

Leyton Orient’s lineup: Brynn, Cooper, Happe, James, Graham (Moncur 13) (Forde 67), Galbraith, Brown (Pratley 79), El Mizouni, Archibald, Pigott (Drinan 79), Sotiriou. Substitutes not used: Sweeney, Howes.

Total attendance: 3,359.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.